Includes overview of the unit and concepts of study, series of related tasks and instructional materials with lesson guides, checkpoints at strategic points in the unit paired with student support activities, and final performance-based assessment.
Each lesson guide includes:
- QuickStart to develop fluency or tap prior knowledge
- Task to introduce or solidify conceptual understanding
- Anticipated student solution paths for pre-planning for the independent and small group Explore phase
- Questioning strategies, specific to essential understandings, for the whole class Share, Discuss and Analyze phase
- Summary statement that describes essential math addressed in the task
- Quick Write to gauge student understanding
- Practice to enhance skill development
- Application to reinforce learning
Quick Start, Task, Practice, and Application are provided as blackline masters for making student copies.