Grade 6: Investigating and Understanding Ratios (CCSSM Version)
Regular price $149.00
- Investigate and Understand Part:Part and Part:Whole Ratios
- Investigate and Understand Rates and Measurement Conversions
- 14 high-level tasks with associated QuickStarts, Practices, Applications, and Quick Writes.
- 2 checkpoints and 4 support activities.
- 1 final performance-based assessment with scoring guide.
- Develop the understanding that ratios are a comparison of two quantities in a multiplicative relationship.
- Recognize the difference between part:part and part:whole ratios.
- Determine if the information they are provided is a part:part or a part:whole ratio.
- Develop and use strategies for scaling ratios, including use of tables and tape diagrams.
- Recognize and manipulate percents as part:whole ratios.
- Understand that percents are always in relation to a whole of 100%.
- Develop an understanding of rates.
- Analyze and use tables and double number lines to identify the units of measure being compared in a rate.
- Explore, represent, and solve constant price per item situations, problems of constant speed, and measurement conversion problems.