Grade 3: Multiplication Situations (CCSSM Version)
Regular price $149.00
- Equal Group Multiplication Situations
- Array/Area Model Multiplication Situations
- Measurement Multiplication Situations
- 14 high-level tasks with associated QuickStarts, Practices, Applications, and Quick Writes.
- 2 checkpoints and 4 support activities.
- 1 final performance-based assessment with scoring guide.
- Explore and solve equal group multiplication situations.
- Understand and identify the meaning of the factors as one being the number of equal groups and the other as the group size.
- Use a variety of representations, including manipulatives, diagrams, finger counting, and the number line models, to make sense of multiplication and to arrive at the product.
- Explore, compare, and use various strategies for multiplying, including skip counting, the use of repeated addition, known multiplication equations, and related multiplication equations.
- Explore and solve array and area model situations.
- Understand that rows with items/square tiles or columns with items/square tiles represent a multiplication situation.
- Understand that an area, when rotated, still represents the same product or area.
- Explore and solve measurement multiplication situations.
- Recognize that iterations of measures can represent equal groups.