Grade 4: Multiply and Divide with Flexible Strategies (CCSSM Version)
Regular price $149.00
- Basic Multiplication of Two-, Three-, and Four-Digit Factors by One-Digit Factor
- Basic Division of Two-, Three-, and Four-Digit Dividends by One-Digit Divisor
- Multiplication of a Two-Digit Factor by a Two-Digit Factor
- 24 high-level tasks with associated QuickStarts, Practices, Applications, and Quick Writes.
- 3 checkpoints and 6 support activities.
- 1 final performance-based assessment with scoring guide.
- Develop and use flexible strategies for solving multiplication situations, including
- Applying the distributive property of multiplication over addition,
- Using rounding and compensating, and
- Factoring a factor as a means for solving situations involving two-digit factors.
- Solve multiplication equations and situations involving up to a four-digit factor multiplied by a one-digit factor.
- Solve equations and situations involving a two-digit factor multiplied by a two-digit factor.
- Develop and use flexible strategies for solving division equations and situations involving up to a four-digit factor dividend divided by a one-digit divisor, including:
- Using the distributive property of division over addition and
- Using the relationship between multiplication and division.
- Use known facts to multiply and divide larger quantities.
- Use place value to strategically decompose quantities to make multiplying and dividing easier.