Grade 2: Add and Subtract with Flexible Strategies (CCSSM Version)
Regular price $149.00
- Add More than Two Two-Digit Addends
- Addition with Three-Digit Addends
- Subtraction with Three-Digit Numbers
- 24 high-level tasks with associated QuickStarts, Practices, Applications, and Quick Writes.
- 3 checkpoints and 6 support activities.
- 1 final performance-based assessment with scoring guide.
- Develop and use flexible strategies for solving addition situations and algorithms, including
- Decomposing by place value and then recomposing the partial sums to arrive at the total sum and
- Rounding to make a friendly number and then compensating for the additional amounts added in/taken away.
- Develop and use flexible strategies for solving subtraction situations and algorithms, including
- Counting back tens and ones or by subtracting like place-value amounts,
- Using addition with an unknown addend as a means for solving subtraction equations, and
- Creating friendly numbers that involve decomposing the subtrahend into smaller portions that can be easily subtracted.